S2 - Dual Channel Tube Compressor
The S2 Signature Series Dual Channel Tube Compressor is the latest product to emerge from Ivor Drawmer’s high end designs and offers an ‘all tube - no technical compromise’ circuit using only the highest grade components. The S2 features a host of new creative processing possibilities never before found in an all analogue dynamics package.
V-BIG- Retains bass frequencies and minimizes undesirable ‘pumping’ by rolling off the detection signal at 75, 125 or 250Hz (user switchable). A fully variable level control allows for the desired amount of V-BIG processing and an in/out switch provides the option to remove from the signal path for A/B comparison.
V-AIR- A dynamic high frequency enhancer to keep compressed audio sounding fresh and bright with continuously variable frequency control (500Hz to 20kHz) and variable level to control the amount of V-AIR enhancement.
DRY- Mixes user defined amount of ‘uncompressed’ signal with the compressed signal to create ‘parallel compression effect’ without the need for external mixing devices.
- 2 CHANNEL SOFT-KNEE TUBE COMPRESSOR.
- FULLY BALANCED INTERNAL SIGNAL PATH.
- CLASS A DESIGN.
- 10 (count them) VUCUUM TUBES PROVIDING 20 x ACTIVE TUBE STAGES.
- ISOLATION TRANSFORMERS IN AND OUT.
- ‘ALLTUBE’ CIRCUIT DESIGN.
- VARIABLE ATTACK AND RELEASE WITH OPTIONAL ‘PROGRAMME DEPENDENT’ AUTO RELEASE OPERATION.
- DUAL MONO OR STEREO LINK OPERATION.
- SWITCHABLE ‘PEAK’ OR ‘VU’ METERING TO DISPLAY TRANSIENTS.
- SWITCHABLE +10dB OR +20dB METER RE-SCALE MODES.
- 8 SEGMENT GAIN REDUCTION METERING.
- ‘V-BIG’ MODE FOR RETAINING LOW FREQUENCIES.
- ‘V-AIR’ MODE FOR ENHANCING HIGH FREQUENCIES.
- ‘DRY’ MIX MODE FOR ‘PARALLEL COMPRESSION EFFECT’.
- BALANCED XLR INPUTS/OUTPUTS.